Stone Ridge’s College Counseling Department encourages students to identify their strengths and goals as they explore colleges that will be a personal, social, and academic “fit” as they prepare for future careers and continued service in the larger world.
The counselors meet with students and their families frequently throughout the college process. College Seminars in the spring of the Third Academic year and the fall of the Fourth Academic year help facilitate the college process. Students attend key college fairs such as the Jesuit College Fair, the Washington Area Independent School Fair and the Colleges that Change Lives Fair, and they have the opportunity to meet with over 150 college representatives who visit Stone Ridge each fall. In January, the College Office hosts over 35 college representatives and facilitates a College Day, an interactive, informative program that educates our First, Second and Third Academics about the college process.
Stone Ridge College Counselors continually monitor the latest trends and developments at colleges and universities. They interact with college representatives across the country through college visits, area visits and professional conferences.
Stone Ridge College Counselors will help students to:
- Discover and find the right college “fit” as they learn about themselves and their future goals
- Research colleges online and through Naviance, our web-based college counseling site
- Write the college essays and resume
- Analyze trends and data to create an informed and appropriate college list
- Identify summer programs, area visit opportunities, diversity weekends and scholarships
- Self-advocate and ask appropriate questions as they navigate college fairs and campus tours, meet college representatives and apply to colleges
Office of College Counseling contacts:
Director of College Counseling
Associate Director of College Counseling
FAX number: 301-718-3660
Directions to Stone Ridge for College Representatives.
Please follow signs for Upper School and park in the Upper School parking lot.