Ways to Give
Each year we are grateful to many people like you who support Stone Ridge with resources—be it time spent volunteering, or a financial contribution. All contributions are valued, and together they allow us to implement and enrich programs that empower our students and alumnae to serve with faith, intellect, and confidence.
Gifts to the Stone Ridge Annual Fund support the people and programs that encourage each student to realize her potential and take on new challenges. Your generosity gives Stone Ridge girls the opportunity to dream, explore, lead, and excel.
When you make a gift to the Annual Fund, you help to meet the school's most pressing needs. Each year, Stone Ridge depends on contributions from alumnae, parents, and friends in order to provide:
- An advanced curriculum and the most qualified educators to instruct and care for our students
- Superb academics and individual attention
- The most effective tools for our classrooms like Promethean Boards and iPad apps
- A strong athletic program and robust arts program
- Well-maintained facilities and up-to-date technology
Participation in the Annual Fund, at any level, is an indicator of the strength and financial health of Stone Ridge to prospective families and other donors. Join other alumnae, current and past parents, faculty and staff, and friends in sending the message that the Stone Ridge community is committed to the school and its students.
You can play a critical role in two ways: by making a gift and volunteering. For questions on the Annual Fund and how you can become involved, please contact:
Director of Annual Giving
301.657.4322 ext. 363
The Annual Fund is your opportunity to support every student attending Stone Ridge by augmenting the School’s ability to provide an advanced curriculum, the most qualified educators to instruct and care for our students, the most effective tools for our classrooms, strong athletic, and robust performing arts programs. The Annual Fund enriches all facets of Stone Ridge experienced by every student, every parent, and every alumna. Parents, alumnae, faculty, grandparents, parents of alumnae, and friends all can participate by giving a tax deductible contribution to support the Stone Ridge Annual Fund.
The answer to this question is as varied as the students attending Stone Ridge. Your reason to support Stone Ridge will be a personal one. Every contribution—your contribution—will support the transformation of each of our young women into a servant-leader who in turn transforms the world. Stone Ridge directly impacts the lives of 665 girls every year, and a robust Annual Fund translates directly to an increasingly vibrant School.
This is also a varied and personal decision. We ask that each person and/or family make a gift that is personally significant to them. We receive gifts ranging from $5 to $100,000. Every gift is helpful and welcome. Every student benefits from your gift, small and large, just as every alumna has benefited from past gifts.
Yes! Every gift is celebrated as an endorsement of the lifelong value of a Stone Ridge School of the Sacred Heart education, and your gesture of giving is vitally important no matter the amount.
The Barat Society is a leadership society meant to recognize Annual Fund supporters of $2,500 or more each year. Members of the society are invited to attend the Barat Celebration each May where we thank leadership donors and present the School’s highest honor recognizing a non-student, the Barat Medal. Recipients are chosen for leadership, vision, and generosity within the Stone Ridge community.
Yes! You may choose to make a gift in memory of or in honor of a person of your choosing. Both memorial and honorary gifts are recognized in our Annual Report.
Yes, we have a number of annual events as well as long-term efforts designed to raise money for our School. Our annual events include the following:
- The Stone Ridge Auction—held in odd numbered years
- Donations toward the auction can include attending the event and purchasing any item, or giving items or experiences to be auctioned off. You may also donate monetarily to help sponsor the event.
- The Golf Tournament—held each May
- Donations toward the Golf Tournament can include sponsorships or attending the event. Funds raised support the Athletic Program.
- The Used Book Sale—held each Spring
- Donations for the book sale are collected yearround at the Book Barn on campus. All types of books are accepted. We also encourage you to attend the event and consider adding to your own library!
*Please note that though these events are vitally important to Stone Ridge, contributing to an event does not count as participation in the Annual Fund.
We also have long-term fundraising efforts that are conducted in support of our Strategic Plan:
- Capital Gifts which help to fund one-time costs such as construction of a building or permanent improvements to the campus.
- Planned Giftsmade by including Stone Ridge in your long-range financial planning. Planned gifts to Stone Ridge can be made in the form of bequests, gift annuities, trusts, or life insurance.
- The Hic et Nunc Society was established to recognize individuals and families who have made provisions for future gifts to Stone Ridge through their estate plans. There are many ways for you to give a planned gift to Stone Ridge, most of which provide long-term tax advantages while continuing to support our Sacred Heart legacy. It is important that you are aware of your options so that you might make a gift with assets most suited to your own financial situation. Please contact your financial planner or tax advisor for the best and most current information.
- Endowment Gifts are invested to supply a steady, annual source of funds for the purposes agreed upon by the donor and the School. Endowment funds ensure Stone Ridge is able to maintain the caliber of our faculty and programs from one generation to the next.
It is most helpful if you establish and, if possible, maintain support to the Stone Ridge Annual Fund. The Annual Fund provides support across all aspects of Stone Ridge. We understand that philanthropic goals are unique to each person. Most of all we want you to take joy in whatever form of support you choose to give to Stone Ridge School of the Sacred Heart.
You can make a tax-deductible contribution by credit card, by check, or with appreciated stock. We welcome pledges of support which may be paid over the Annual Fund year. You may also choose to give to Stone Ridge through the United Way or the Combined Federal Campaign (CFC) by designating Stone Ridge #19393. The Development Staff can provide more detailed information about these options.
- If the stock is held in a brokerage or bank trust account, instruct your stock broker/banker to have the gift of stock transferred to the School’s account. Please contact the Stone Ridge Advancement Department advising us of the stock gift. Your tax deduction is the mean price of the stock on the date of its transfer to the School’s account.
Broker: Alexandra Armstrong
Brokerage Firm: Armstrong, Fleming & Moore, Inc.
1850 M Street, NW, Ste 250
Washington, DC 20036-5813
Financial Institution: National Financial Services
Account Name: Stone Ridge Stock Gift Account
Account Number: F29013536
DTC #: 0226
Federal Tax ID Number: 53-0196582
- If the stock is in the form of a stock certificate registered in your name, please send the stock certificate(s) to the Stone Ridge Office of Institutional Advancement. The stock certificate must be signature guaranteed by a bank officer or brokerage firm.
Gifts are accepted at any time, and our Annual Fund year runs from July 1 to June 30. All gifts are acknowledged in the Annual Report published each Fall in the magazine.
A number of companies support the philanthropy of their employees with a Matching Gift program. Please check with your employer to see if the company has a matching gift program. To participate, get a matching gift form from your Human Resources Department and send it in with your gift. Again, our Development Staff members can help if you have any questions.
Yes. Our volunteers help us provide great experiences for parents, past and current, for faculty, for students, and for alumnae. Whether serving in the Parents Association, creating a professional internship for a student or recent grad, flipping burgers at Gator Grills, serving as a class cheerleader for reunion, or co-chairing our Auction, volunteers enrich every part of our community life.
Where can I get more information about supporting the Annual Fund of Stone Ridge School of the Sacred Heart?
If you have any questions please contact:
Heather DempseyDirector of Annual Givinghdempsey@stoneridgeschool.org
(301) 657-4322 ext. 363