After School Programs
Lower School - Extended Day
- Operates after school Monday through Thursday until 6:30 pm, Fridays until 6:00 pm.
- Children who need the program on a regular basis always will be given preference.
- Subject to space availability, other children are welcome to use the program on a drop-in basis.
- Children who are not picked up from school by 3:30 pm automatically will be included in the Extended Day Program.
- Beginning at 3:30 pm, there will be a charge of $9.00 per hour, or any part of an hour, with a maximum daily charge of $23.00.
- The penalty for late pick-ups, after closing, is $2/minute. This late fee will be charged in a monthly bill sent to you.
- Extended Day will not be in operation on inclement weather days.
- Extended Day may be available on some half days.
- On conference days, childcare will be provided from 8:00 am until 4:00 pm. There is not a drop-in option for children who are simply waiting for their parents to finish a conference. The charge for each conference day is $50.00 per child regardless of what time she/he is dropped off at school.
- Contact number of Extended Day is 301-657-4322, ext. 404.
- Afterschool CampUs offers classes or programs for students in Pre-K - Grade 6 and run for 6-10 weeks.
- Currently, classes and programs included Suzuki Violin lessons, Creative Drama by Imagination Stage, Gourmet Chefs by Tiny Chefs, Girls on the Run by GOTR, Swimming, Dance, cartooning, Tae Kwon Do, Mad Science and Team Makers.
Middle School - Supervised Study Program
- All students who are not involved in an after school activity and have not been picked up by 3:30 pm will go to Supervised Study in the MPR (Multi-Purpose Room).
- The cost of Supervised Study is $9.00 per hour or fraction of an hour. The program ends at 6:30 pm on Monday through Thurday and 6:00 pm on Fridays.
- The penalty for late pick-ups, after closing, is $2/minute. All billing is handled through the Business Office on a monthly basis.
- Contact number at the MPR is 301-657-4322, ext. 426.
The George L. Dyer Upper School Library welcomes students for quiet study, research, and reading throughout the school day. The Library is open from 7:00 am-6:30 pm, Monday through Thursday. The library closes at 4:00 pm on Fridays.