Stone Ridge School of the Sacred Heart, a member of the international Network of Sacred Heart Schools, is a Catholic, independent college preparatory school for girls, Grades 1-12, with a co-educational Early Childhood Program (Little Hearts). With over 740 students and rooted in the Goals & Criteria of Sacred Heart education, Stone Ridge inspires young women to lead and serve, through lives of purpose that integrate faith, intellect, community, social action, and personal growth in an atmosphere of wise freedom.
Stone Ridge School of the Sacred Heart provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to their age, color, disability status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion, sex, veteran status, or any other class protected by state or federal law. As a Catholic school in the Sacred Heart tradition, Stone Ridge reserves the right to use religion as a hiring criterion for selected positions, as permitted by law. Employment offers are contingent on the satisfactory outcome of a standard background screening.
- Director of Safety and Security
- Little Hearts Toddler Teacher
- Substitute Teachers for Little Hearts Early Childhood Program
- Coaching Positions
posted October 9, 2018
The Director of Safety and Security provides leadership to improve and maintain the safety and security posture on Stone Ridge’s 35 acre campus. Charged with keeping safety top-of-mind with administrators, faculty, and students through education, training, and emergency drills, the Director of Safety and Security manages all emergency events, as well as drills. S/he must be a highly motivated individual with excellent supervisory, leadership, and communication skills, tasked with maintaining a safe and secure environment at Stone Ridge. S/he shall act as first a responder and/or management representative to manage and mitigate any incident or event that impacts the School community. This position reports to the Director of Finance and Operations and is a valued member of the Management Team and the Safety and Security Committee. The primary responsibilities include developing and managing comprehensive safety and security plans; performing and managing initiatives to protect life and property; developing and maintaining a positive rapport with students, parents, employees, visitors, and local law enforcement officials; managing disruptions and reporting criminal offenses; and enforcing campus rules in concert with the laws of Montgomery County, MD.
- Actively participate in crime prevention and security activities, responding to and managing routine and emergency calls for various types of service.
- Participate in and oversee work of security guards in high-visibility foot patrols both indoors and outdoors on campus.
- Act as a first responder or manager, as appropriate, to any incident that presents a high risk to the campus or community and quickly act to mitigate such incidents.
- Recommend changes in policies, procedures, and security infrastructure and lead the implementation of those changes.
- Manage and document all emergency training events, including: Evacuation, Lockdown and Shelter drills.
- Schedule, train, and supervise contracted campus security guards, ensuring the School has an active roster of approved and trained guards.
- Assist with security for events after school or on weekends, as necessary.
- In conjunction with the security guards, document and file incident reports.
- Act as liaison between Stone Ridge and local first responders.
- Oversee County police officers who assist with traffic control.
- Manage security systems, software and equipment to include access control and CCTV.
- Develop traffic and parking plans for major events held on campus.
- Oversee motor vehicle registration and parking/traffic control programs for faculty, staff,
- and students.
- Perform other security related services for the faculty, staff, students, and visitors of the SR community as may be necessary.
Position essential skills and experience:
- Ten (10) years of experience as a law enforcement officer or in a comparable position.
- High School graduate/equivalent required.
- Successful completion of a Certified Police Academy required.
- Valid Maryland driver’s license required.
- Current Maryland Police Correctional Training Commission (MPCTC) certification with the following firearms: pistol, shotgun and patrol rifle required.
- Successful completion of basic SWAT training school conducted by MPCTC preferred.
- Successful completion of Advanced Law Enforcement Rapid Response Training
- (ALERRT) or equivalent Active Shooter Response program required.
- Knowledge of Montgomery County Police Department rules and regulations required.
- Working knowledge of vehicular traffic control activities required.
- Working knowledge of Constitutional, State, and Federal laws required.
- Strong human relations abilities, excellent oral and written communication skills, and
- demonstrated leadership abilities required.
Position requires the ability to:
- make independent judgments within proper policy and procedures during stressful situations required.
- work under pressure and deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- manage and diffuse difficult situations while maintaining a professional demeanor and restraint at all times.
- work independently, make observations, and write clear, concise, and accurate reports
- reflecting these observations.
- perform the duties required for this position, including:
- remaining on feet for extended periods of time, as well as stooping, kneeling, crouching, and lifting;
- pursuing, restraining or apprehending aggressive individuals and assisting law enforcement in making arrests;
- running moderate distances and going up and down stairs;
- and withstanding exposure to inclement weather.
- submit to pre-employment drug test.
Compensation includes competitive benefits and salary commensurate with experience.
Applicants of diverse, underrepresented backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Interested candidates should complete the online employment application via the Stone Ridge website. As part of the online application, please upload a resume, list of references, and cover letter addressed to Mr. Eric Osberg, Director of Finance and Operations, all in PDF format.
September 17, 2018
Stone Ridge is seeking a Little Hearts Toddler Teacher to begin immediately.
The Little Hearts Toddler Teacher is responsible for supporting the Early Childhood Program in alignment with the Goals and Criteria of Sacred Heart education. Working closely with colleagues in the Early Childhood Program, s/he will plan and implement activities that promote the social, emotional, physical, and intellectual growth of young children.
The ideal candidate has two or more years of experience working with children in a licensed childcare center, and s/he is Maryland State qualified as an infant and toddler teacher. S/he demonstrates strong communication skills, a sense of humor , a capacity for organization and follow-through, and enjoys working as a part of a team. An Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education or a related field is preferred but not required. Experience serving families and children aged three months through two years is also preferred.
Compensation includes competitive benefits and salary commensurate with experience. This position is full time, equivalent to 40 hours per week.
Applicants of diverse, underrepresented backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Interested candidates should complete the online employment application via the Stone Ridge website. As part of the online application, please upload a resume, list of references, and cover letter addressed to Ms. Corinne Fogg, Director of Curriculum and Professional Development, all in PDF format.
posted June 20, 2018
Stone Ridge School of the Sacred Heart is seeking Substitute Teachers for its Early Childhood Program, Little Hearts. Successful candidates will have experience working with children between three months and four years of age. Substitute Teachers will be available to cover in the absence of a classroom teacher. The substitute will be responsible for the implementation of activities that promote the social, emotional, physical, and intellectual growth of young children. Responsibilities also include communication with parents, maintaining classroom records, cleanliness, and orderliness. Excellent organizational and communication skills are required. Appreciation for the School’s Catholic values and Sacred Heart tradition, a commitment to academic and personal excellence, diversity, community, and service as expressed through the Sacred Heart Goals and Criteria is essential. The program hours are 7:30 am until 5:00 pm.
Interested candidates should complete the online employment application on our website. As part of the online application, please upload a resume, list of references, and cover letter addressed to Ms. Corinne Fogg, Director of Professional Development, all in PDF format.
Stone Ridge is seeking a Part-Time Little Hearts Extended Day Teacher to begin August 14, 2018.
Stone Ridge is seeking the following Coaching positions:
None are available at this time. Please check back.
Compensation includes salary commensurate with experience.
Applicants of diverse, underrepresented backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Interested candidates should complete the Employment Application for Coach Positions. As part of the online application, please upload a resume, statement of philosophy, list of references, and cover letter addressed to Jason McGhee, Director of Athletics, all in PDF format.
Please link to the appropriate employment application.
Employment Application - Faculty, Staff, & Administrative Positions