Stone Ridge’s College Counseling Department encourages students to identify their strengths and goals as they explore colleges that will help them to grow their personal, social, and academic selves as they prepare for future careers and continued service in the larger world.
The counselors meet with students and their families frequently throughout the college process. College Seminars in the spring of the Third Academic year and throughout the Fourth Academic year help facilitate the college process. Students attend key college fairs such as the Jesuit College Fair and the Washington Area Independent School Fair, and they have the opportunity to meet with over 100 college representatives who visit Stone Ridge each fall. In January, the College Office hosts over 40 college representatives and facilitates a College Day, an interactive, informative program that educates our First, Second, and Third Academics about the college process.
Stone Ridge College Counselors continually monitor the latest trends and developments at colleges and universities. They interact with college representatives across the country and world through college visits, area visits, and professional conferences.
Stone Ridge College Counselors will help students to:
- Discover and find colleges that match what students are seeking as they learn about themselves and their future goals
- Research colleges online and through Scoir, our web-based college counseling software program
- Write colleges essays and resume
- Analyze trends and data to create an informed and appropriate college list
- Identify summer programs, area visit opportunities, diversity programs and scholarships
- Self-advocate and ask appropriate questions as they navigate college fairs and campus tours, meet college representatives and apply to colleges and universities