Technology & Innovation
Stone Ridge's vision for technology and innovation is rooted in the principle of using technology to enhance best practices in teaching and learning. We provide a device and platform agnostic environment where our girls can learn to navigate all types of operating systems and hardware in order to ensure their ability to work with and on any type of tool. These skills will transfer to their experiences in post-secondary education and the workplace.
With a technologist in each division, our team is able to seamlessly use technology to foster our students’ creativity, communication skills, research skills, and critical thinking. Our close work with teachers, students, and administrators allows us to collaboratively grow and evolve the School’s technology program. Each of us brings in a unique set of skills from everything between robotics to multimedia creation, which continues to bring Stone Ridge to the forefront of technology and innovation.
Stone Ridge is committed to the emotional, social, and intellectual development of our students through the lens of technology and innovation.
Technology Facts and Figures
- All Upper School students are issued a Apple MacBook Pro for the 1-to-1 Laptop program.
- All Middle School students are issued a Lenovo ThinkPad as part of the 1-to-1 ThinkPad program.
- Students in Grade 4 are in the 1-to-1 Chromebook program.
- Students in Grades 2-3 are in the 1-to-1 iPad program.
- Students in Grades Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten have a classroom set of iPads.
- The Middle School Library offers Kindles.
- Almost all of the spaces/classrooms have Promethean Interactive White Boards or Epson BrightLinks that offer touch capability, allowing users the opportunity to manipulate content with a pen or their finger.
- Professional Development is provided on a regular basis for all our teachers through our unique "Tech Session" program.