Apply to Stone Ridge
Middle School Admissions Process
Step 1 • Learn more about Stone Ridge
Let us know of your interest in Stone Ridge by completing our inquiry form. Doing so will ensure that you receive updates regarding Stone Ridge and our application process. You will receive a username and password via email to begin your application. If you have previously applied to Stone Ridge, go to the admissions portal and log in using your current SR username and password.
Step 2 • Schedule a visit
Join us for an in-person walking tour of our beautiful campus grounds. We will remain outdoors during this visit, but you will have the opportunity to see our 32-acre campus and speak with a member of our admissions team. Our team is eager to connect with you and learn about your child and share our school with you.
Please contact Beth Gregory if interested.
Step 3 • Submit the application online
- Applications and all supporting materials must be submitted for a file to be considered complete.
Step 4 • Submit transcript
Step 5 • Schedule testing
- For the 2022-23 application, Stone Ridge will administer an independent assessment for all Middle School applicants. Dates for this assessment will be later this fall.
Step 6 • Submit teacher recommendations
Please have your child's teachers complete the appropriate forms and ask them to return the forms directly to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Grade 5: Two recommendations required; one each from current and previous year's homeroom teachers
Grades 6-8: Two recommendations required
- English Teacher Recommendation Form (downloadable version)
- English Teacher Recommendation Form (fillable version)
- Math Teacher Recommendation Form (downloadable version)
- Math Teacher Recommendation Form (fillable version)
Optional Form (Grades 5-8)
Step 7 • Submit student questionnaire
Step 8 • Schedule a Discovery Day
A Stone Ridge Discovery Day provides prospective students the opportunity to visit classes, meet students and faculty, and tour our campus. Discovery Day dates will be available early this fall. Once you have submitted your application, please contact Beth Gregory, Associate Director of Middle School Admissions, 301.657.4322 ext. 1626, to schedule a date for your child's visit.
Step 9 • Admissions decisions
Decisions will be posted on the Stone Ridge admissions portal on Friday, March 4, 2022, after 4:00 pm.