Middle School Admissions Process
1. Learn more about Stone Ridge
Let us know of your interest in Stone Ridge by completing our inquiry form. Doing so will ensure that we have your correct contact information so you can receive updates regarding Stone Ridge and our application process. Once completed, you will receive a username and password via email which you will use to begin your application.
If you have previously applied to Stone Ridge, you may go to the admissions portal and log in using your current SR username and password.
2. Attend an Open House/Schedule a Tour
Open House Preschool-Grade 8
Friday, January 11, 2019
8:30 - 10:30 am
If you are unable to attend an Open House, please contact the Admissions Team at ext. 1620 to learn about other opportunities to visit our campus.
3. Submit the application: application and all supporting materials due February 1, 2019
4. Schedule Admissions Assessments
- Student may take either the SSAT or ISEE
- Secondary School Admission Test (SSAT) Stone Ridge code 7494
- Independent School Entrance Exam (ISEE) Stone Ridge code 210252
- For your convenience, the Middle and Upper Level SSAT will be administered at Stone Ridge on November 10, 2018.
5. Submit Transcript
6. Submit Teacher recommendations
- Grade 5: Two recommendations required; one each from current and previous year's homeroom teachers
Teacher Recommendation Form
- Grades 6-8: Two recommendations required
Math Teacher Recommendation Form
English teacher Recommendation Form
Recommendations can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Submit Student questionnaire
8. Schedule a Discovery Day on CAMPUS
A Stone Ridge Discovery Day provides prospective students the opportunity to spend a morning visiting classes; meeting students, faculty and coaches; and touring our campus. Once you have submitted your application, please contact Beth Gregory, Associate Director of Middle School Admissions, at 301.657.4322 ext. 1626, to schedule a date for your child's visit.
9. Admissions Decisions
Decisions will be posted to the Stone Ridge admissions portal on Friday, March 1, 2019 after 4 p.m.