Developing Champions for Life
"I believe a strong athletics and physical education program can be an extremely critical piece to the identity of a school in a manner that not only an entire community can be proud of, but one in which the school can continue to attract well-rounded and highly capable students that continue to make Stone Ridge School of the Sacred Heart truly unique."
~ Jason McGhee, SR Director of Athletics
Stone Ridge Athletics has identified 5 Strategic Goal Areas of Focus which are shown below as the overall strategic goals to guide SR’s Athletic Department’s decisions and quest for excellence in all of its endeavors.
- Student & Student-Athlete Experience
- Academic Excellence
- Competitive Success & Positive Coaching Experience
- Resource Development
1) Student & Student-Athlete Experience: Focusing on the student’s holistic development, provide the necessary resources to offer and enhance athletic teams, club teams, services, and levels of support for athletic, health, and wellness experiences in a way that provides accommodations for the current and evolving student, staff, faculty, and parent interests.
2) Academic Excellence: To maintain, embrace and improve the high academic standards, achievements and reputation of Stone Ridge as an academically strong institution, and ensure that every SR student-athlete has the greatest opportunity to achieve their highest academic level bolstered by their participation in athletics.
3) Competitive Success & Positive Coaching Experience: To compete at the highest level within the Independent School League (ISL), and to ensure student-athletes and coaches are given every opportunity and available resource to succeed within a positive environment committed to winning, teaching life skills, and all within the spirit of sportsmanship, consistent with an SR education and experience.
4) Resource Development: To maximize facility and human resources available to students in order to generate the level of support that allows SR to achieve the athletic, health and wellness aspirations, to positively and directly benefit the student-athlete experience, as well as other institutional priorities.
5) Branding, Messaging & Marketing: To view the Stone Ridge Athletics Department as a significant institutional asset in supporting the articulated SR mission, in addition to developing a sustainable athletic brand for the Gators by defining the core mission and values of the department.