Wednesday, september 26
Join us for food, fun, and BLUE/GOLD Spirit on Gator Game Day!
Bring your friends and family for this wonderful community building event and cheer our Gators to victory!
Blue/Gold points awarded for students who attend.
AGAIN THIS YEAR: A Gator Game Day t-shirt! Students may wear this t-shirt on all 3 Gator Game Days. Please see order information below.
- Gator Boosters are looking for donations and volunteers for Gator Game Day.
- Lower School is looking for donations and volunteers for the Spirit Rally.
2:35pm, MS Volleyball Blue vs. Gold Intrasquad Match, Gym 3
2:45 pm, MS Field Hockey Blue vs Flint Hill, Gator Field
3:30pm, JV Volleyball Blue vs. Gold Intrasquad Match, Gym 3
4:15 pm, Varsity Soccer vs NCS, Gator Field
5:30 pm, Varsity Volleyball vs Episcopal High School, Gym 3
**4:15 pm, Varsity Tennis vs St. Andrews at Landon (our home court)
Gator Gallery will be open (2:30-5:30 pm)
Shop for Gator Gear
Chick-fil-A (Shiverick and Hoy Family Concession) and Armand's Pizzeria (Gym patio)
$10 should be plenty of money for food
If you have any questions, contact Deanne Ciatto
- Order Gator Game Day t-shirt
- Lower School Spirit Rally Info & Permission Form
- Important Middle School Info about attire and dismissal
What is Gator Game Day and how is LS involved?
- Gator Game Day is a spirited day of athletic competitions in our Middle and Upper School on campus with lots of fun, food, Blue/Gold spirit, and wins! The day offers an opportunity to show our Stone Ridge spirit and cheer the Gators to victory.
- During the day, Lower School students (Preschool - Grade 4) are invited to show their school spirit by wearing their Gator Game Day t-shirt or another SR shirt representing Blue or Gold with either their PE shorts or sweatpants.
- Lower School students are invited to an SRPA-sponsored Spirit Rally after school in the Athletic Center. To participate, please fill out the below online permission form no later than Noon on Monday, September 23. Preschool and Pre-Kindergarten students must be accompanied to the party by an adult. If a parent can not attend, another attending parent may be responsible for your child.
- Lower School parents are encouraged to take their child(ren) to one of the Upper School games after the Spirit Rally. See schedule above. Parents must chaperone their own child at the games. Armand's Pizza and Chick-fil-A will be available for purchase.
- Important LS Gator Game day information for Afterschool CampUs participants: Wednesday classes will begin on October 3 and run through November 28.
Where: Stone Ridge Athletic Center, 3:00-3:50 pm
Details: The children will be taken to the Athletic Center by their teachers for snacks, poster making to show support for the teams, receive a spirit tattoos, and have a cheering lesson.
RSVP: Please indicate your child’s participation below by filling out the below form by Noon on Monday, September 24.
Parking: Parents should park their cars in the Hamilton House or Gator Field Visitor parking lots and pick up from the Athletic Center. All children must be signed out by a parent or guardian before leaving. Children attending Extended Day will be escorted there by a member of the LS staff.
**Parking is not permitted in Lower or Hamilton House Circles.
Volunteer: If you are available to chaperone the event, help us keep the Spirit Rally Room neat, or secretly dream of being a tattoo artist or a cheerleader, don't hesitate to sign up here. If you have any questions, please contact Alana Gunraj.
Here are a few reminders from the Middle School team which may be helpful as you plan for the Gator Game Day with your Middle School student:
- Students will be allowed to wear their Gator Game Day t-shirt or a Stone Ridge shirt representing Blue and Gold! Students are required to wear their uniform kilt and shoes. We also ask that all refrain from putting any type of paint or tape on their face and hair.
- All Middle School students, teachers, and staff will participate in Gator Game Day. Our Grades 6 - 8 students will go to athletics at 2:15 pm as usual, and will attend/participate in the games with their coaches. Teachers will be in attendance to cheer on our Gators.
- Grade 5 students will meet in advisory at 2:15 and Grade 5 advisors will escort the girls to their lockers for pack-up time. Following pack up, advisors will guide students first to MPR, where students who will be dismissed at regular time will drop off their bags before going over to the gyms and fields. The rest of the students will drop off their belongings in their gym lockers for easy access later on in the afternoon.
Dismissal will happen in four different ways: If your child wishes to stay beyond 3:30 dismissal, please compete the permission form.
- Parents attending the event may pick up their student by 3:20 pm, by connecting with a member of staff while at the field/gym area and confirming their child is with them.
- Regular dismissal will be held at Hamilton House at 3:30 pm, as per usual. At 3:20 pm or so, teachers will round up the MS students who aren’t participating in a game and walk back with them safely to MPR to prepare for dismissal.
- Students who wish to stay until 4:00 pm may do so, by filling out the permission form below. Only written permission will be accepted, so it is important that the office receive the permission form by noon on September 26. All students dismissing at 4:00 pm will be dismissed from the MPR/Supervised Study, and will need to be signed out in person, so that the personnel on duty can confirm that each child has connected with the proper adult.
- Students who wish to stay beyond 4:00 pm to watch Upper School games must complete the form below and be accompanied by a designated adult (the responsible party should be an adult - US siblings do not qualify).
Thank you in advance for your cooperation and assistance with this. Go Gators!
Thanks to our food vendors!