The Golf & Tennis Classic was founded in 1993 to honor Tom Harkins, the first chair of the Stone Ridge Board of Trustees. All proceeds benefit athletics at Stone Ridge School of the Sacred Heart.
Making a Difference
The 2018 Golf & Tennis Classic will help fund our Student-Athlete Leadership Development. Stone Ridge is expanding upon our foundational partnership with the Positive Coaching Alliance to provide more specific and intentional leadership training for the student-athletes. Some of these programs will be focused on the entire student-athlete population, while other opportunities will target students in leadership roles or identified by coaches as strong team leaders.
This year funds raised from the Golf & Tennis Classic will be used to send 6 Stone Ridge Student-Athletes to the 9-Day Sports Challenge leadership camp in July of 2018. The Sports Challenge Leadership Academy, hosted by Strive Leadership at the St. Andrew's School in Middletown, DE, is a renowned leadership development camp that will aid in the cultivation of SR student-athlete leaders.
Over the years the golf tournament has allowed the Athletic Department to purchase much needed equipment and stay current with latest in sport’s needs. We are very appreciative for the generosity of all those who support the Athletic Department. Below are just some of items the Athletic Department has been able to purchase.
- Bleachers on Harkins Field
- Scoreboards for two outdoor fields
- Weight Room equipment
- Safety fences for softball
- Small golf cart
- Shed for Harkins Field
- Swim kickboards and vests
- Weight room mirror
- External defibrillator and cabinet
|10:30 am||Golf Registration and Warm-up|
|11:30 am||Box Lunch|
||Golf - Shotgun Start|
|1:00 pm||Tennis - Round Robin|
|5:00 pm||Cocktails and Awards Dinner|
- Beverage carts will be on the golf course.
- A wide variety of golf contests (putting, longest drive, and closest to the pin) will be on the course.
Golf Tournament Format
The Annual Golf Classic will be played in the four-person Scramble Ambrose format with a Shotgun start at 12:00 pm.
Each team consists of four golfers. In a scramble, each player in the foursome tees off on each hole. The best of the shots is selected following every stroke. Each player then plays from that one spot until the hole is finished. The player's handicap is used in determining final score.
Tennis Tournament Format
The tennis tournament will be a Round Robin format.
Golf: $225 per person
($41 golf entry fee is tax deductible)
• includes greens fees, carts, favor, lunch, cocktails, and dinner
Tennis: $100 per person
($25 tennis round-robin fee is tax deductible)
• includes round-robin, favor, cocktails, and dinner
Dinner Guest: $50 per person
(includes cocktails and dinner)
- 4 golf or tennis entries
- Logo & company/family listed on the Golf Classic website
- Premium tournament signage
- Premium scoreboard signage
- Premium signage on driving range, putting green or tennis court
- Premium recognition on the program
- 4 golf or tennis entries
- Special signage on driving range, putting green or tennis court
- Special recognition on the program
- 2 golf or tennis entries
- Special signage on a hole or adjacent to the tennis court
- Recognition on the program
- Registration Area, $350
- Scoreboard, $750 Beverage Cart, $750
- Driving Range, $350
- Putting Green, $350
- Business/Family Hole, $250
- Family Golf Cart (Stone Ridge families only), $150
- Tennis Courts, $350
- Dinner Tent, $350
- Hospitality Patio, $350
- Special recognition on program
The Stone Ridge community thanks its generous sponsorsAyers Group
Charles and Susan Matthews
Jon and Michelle Lindstrom
Knowledge Analytics, Inc.
Lerch, Early and Brewer
Martin and Lisa Payne
Robert and Mary Sue Posniewski
Rock Spring Contracting
SunDun Office Refreshments
Think Food Group