Student-Athlete Advisory Committee
The Stone Ridge Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SR SAAC) was created in the spring of 2018 to strengthen collaboration between Stone Ridge student-athletes and the Athletic Department administration.
The SR SAAC group is comprised of roughly 40 varsity student-athletes that are nominated to the SR SAAC by Stone Ridge Coaches and Staff each spring. With student-athlete representatives from each of the 15 varsity sports, the SAAC group serves as a collective platform for the Stone Ridge student-athlete community.
The inaugural SR SAAC group, meeting monthly throughout the year, has spearheaded several initiatives and provided great feedback to the administration throughout the 2018-19 academic year. Most notable initiatives have included:
- Collective development of student-driven Core Values for the SR Athletic Department
- Increased Spirit and Support at Stone Ridge competitions
- Collaboration in selection of competitions with the SR Boosters for Swamp Shines spirit games
- Increased awareness and promotion of SR Athletics events to school community
- Community involvement through SAAC Sports Equipment Drive
- 2019 Equipment Drive donation totals: 458 pieces of sports equipment valued at $10,663
- All equipment donated to DC-area non-profit Level the Playing Field
The SR SAAC group plays an integral role to the student-athlete experience at Stone Ridge, collaborating to develop champions in the classroom and life through sports. Together, we are #GatorStrong!