This page provides updates on the construction of the Student Life Center and associated site work projects. Here you will find contact information for the primary general contractors and Stone Ridge administrators for this project. For emergencies or urgent issues, please call the Gilbane mobile numbers below. For non-emergencies or issues that are not time sensitive, emailed questions or comments are preferred.
Aquatics/Gymnasium Parking Lot
We continued demolition by being granted the demolition permit and began demoed the double-wide trailer and storage shed in the lower section of the existing parking lot. We’re fast-approaching the final stages of grading in the next week in anticipation of beginning to install the underground utility storm piping and Cast-In-Place retaining wall structure. Once completed we will follow with paving activities toward the end of September.
We continue grading the playground area through the next few weeks alongside the installation of sub-drainage utility lines. We have also began placing concrete for our first new retaining wall which will follow-up with the second retaining wall toward the middle of this month.
Clearing, excavation, and grading continues for new Loop Road and will have a duration of 50 more days for a completion date of November 22nd. We completed removal of several large trees for this phase of work and are waiting on the permit to be issued for the installation of the retaining wall that is to be installed alongside the length of the loop road. A mockup /sample of this block wall has been installed and approved by the architects and Stone Ridge to begin construction.
Part One of the project begins. This work will prepare the campus for construction of the Student Life Center. See the illustrated map below:
- Reconfiguration of the parking lot serving the athletic and aquatic centers (Phase 1A)
- Construction of a new playground (Phase 1B)
- Loop road connection, from the top of Gator Field to the back parking lot (Phase 1C)
- Creation of a campus quad, known as Campus Walk (Phase 3A)
- Additional road work and site work (Phases 2A, 2B, and 2C)
- Utilities relocation (Phases 3B and 3C)
- Preparation for the Student Life Center building pad (Phase 3D)
Part One of the project will span from June 2019 to approximately March 2020, with the following milestones:
- TBD 2019: Parking lot substantially completed
- November 2019: New playground opens
- November 2019: Loop road connection opens
- March 2020: Campus Walk substantially completed
Part Two of the project will entail construction of the Student Life Center. A detailed schedule will be confirmed this fall; as of today, the anticipated milestones are as follows:
- December 2019: Building pad work begins
- April 2020: Building foundation complete
- October 2020: Structural steel complete
- March 2021: Exteriors complete
- May 2021: Interiors complete
- August 2021: Student Life Center opens for 2021-22 school year