Stone Ridge - Georgetown Prep
Student Transportation Contract
Virgina Service (2019-20)
- This contract form is for Georgetown Prep student(s) who would like to utilize Stone Ridge Virginia student transportation services.
- Please fill out the Transportation Contract by June 14, 2019.
I am requesting that Stone Ridge School of the Sacred Heart provide bus transportation for the 2019-20 academic school year under the following terms and conditions for the student(s) named below:
1. Full payment is required up front. Payments can be made online or by check to the Stone Ridge Business Office, 9101 Rockville Pike, Bethesda, MD 20814 by June 30, 2019. Checks should be made payable to Stone Ridge noting “Virginia Student Transportation Fee Payment” on the memo line. If you have questions concerning transportation fee payment please contact Joan Burnes, in the Business Office, at ext. 1420
2. This Student Transportation Contract must be signed by the parent/guardian who is financially responsible for the student. Submission of a signed contract indicates you understand that you are obligated for the full year’s transportation charges. All transportation payments are non-refundable.
3. In order for a student to ride the bus this completed Student Transportation Contract must be signed. No verbal agreements will be accepted.
4. Stone Ridge expects that both the parent/guardian and the student(s) have discussed the Rules of Behavior Requirements and understand that failure to follow these rules may be grounds for dismissal from the transportation program and a loss of all transportation fees.
5. Seating on the afternoon buses is limited and will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
6. By checking below and signing the contract, I understand and agree to the terms and conditions of this Student Transportation Contract.
Please check below to indicate desired pick-up and drop-off locations:
RULES & BEHAVIOR REQUIREMENTS
The bus driver is responsible for the safety of all students and will report any infraction of these rules to Stone Ridge administrators so that the appropriate disciplinary action may be taken.
For the welfare of all students, the established safety rules must be obeyed. Failure to comply with behavioral expectations could result in the termination of the student’s privilege to ride the bus. The School expects each student riding the bus to behave in a manner that is consistent with Stone Ridge and Sacred Heart values and rules of behavior. Students are expected to behave with respect and consideration, exhibit personal integrity, and respectful behavior for others at all times. All students are expected to behave thoughtfully in their actions with classmates.
Conversation volume should be low enough so as not to distract the bus driver. Obscene language and inappropriate conversation will not be tolerated. Communication with ongoing traffic is not allowed.
All students must remain seated while the bus is in motion.
Students are expected to sit facing forward with their feet on the floor.
Food and Beverages
Eating on the bus is a privilege. If students do not dispose of their trash properly, this privilege will be rescinded.
Additional safety rules
- Students must abide by any "School Bus Rules" posted in each bus.
- Students are under the authority of the bus driver while on the bus.
- No glass containers, sharp objects, weapons (or facsimile weapons) are permitted on the bus.
- Students shall not mark upon, deface, or cut bus seats or otherwise cause damage to the school bus.
- No portion of the student’s body shall be outside the bus window at any time.
- Students shall not throw any items within the bus or out the bus window.
- No obscene language or gestures will be tolerated on the bus.
- Students must give their proper name to the bus driver or any school official when asked.
- Students shall not make any loud noise that will distract the driver.
- Students who cross the street will obey the driver’s hand signals and cross in front of the bus.
- Driver is allowed to assign seats if necessary.
- Students must go directly to their seats upon entering the bus and remain seated until they unload from the bus.
- Students must be absolutely quiet at railroad crossings until the bus is completely across the tracks.
- There shall be no alcohol, tobacco, and smoking, possession of drugs, lighters or matches on the bus.
- Parents are asked to make sure all drawstrings, straps, ties, scarves, key chains, etc. on all clothing and backpacks are removed or shortened so they will not get caught in doors, railings, or aisles.
- Students should use the handrail when entering and exiting the bus.
- Students shall help keep the bus clean. All garbage is to be placed in the trash can or taken off the bus with the student.
- Students shall keep all items out of the aisle and away from emergency exits.