because the difficulties in the way of doing good increase day by day.
- St. Madeleine Sophie Barat
SRPA Advent Days of Service: For several years, the SRPA Community Service Committee has organized several volunteer activities in partnership with A Wider Circle, a Silver Spring-based organization that provides critical services to individuals and families in our local community experiencing homelessness and poverty. Thank you to the SR community for supporting these critical activities in partnership with A Wider Circle, whose mission is to end poverty:
- Volunteer onsite on either Saturday, December 11 or Saturday, December 18 from 1:00-3:00 pm in the warehouse organizing items that will be selected by families who are furnishing their homes. Please note there is a 20-person limit on each day due to COVID-19 protocols.
- Drop off household and other items on December 11 or Schedule a pick up with the SR Fathers Club of EXTRA LARGE items (e.g. bookcases, sofas, mattresses, tables, large TVs) from your home and have them delivered to A Wider Circle on December 11.
- Specific holiday donations including unwrapped Christmas presents for children 0-18 will be collected for A Wider Circle as a part of the Advent Generous Hearts Collection in US the week of December 6-10.
For more information, please contact the SRPA Community Service Committee Chairs, Ed and Allison Metz.
Lower School will be working in collaboration with the Middle School classes to collect items by grade level for Catholic Charities’ Coat of Many Colors Drive. Groups of Middle School students will provide information to the Lower School students about the project.
- Grade 1 is collecting new or gently used hats and winter coats.
- Grade 2 is collecting new or gently used gloves and winter coats.
- Grade 3 is collecting new or gently used scarves and winter coats.
- Grade 4 is collecting new or gently used warm socks and winter coats.
Collection Days: These items will be collected December 6-10, 2021.
Middle School will be working in collaboration with the Lower School to collect items by grade level for Catholic Charities’ Coat of Many Colors Campaign. Groups of Middle School students will provide information to the Lower School students about the project. All items can be new or gently used, and Catholic Charities has indicated significant need for hooded, winter coats for both Men and Women in XL and XXL sizes.
- Grade 5 is collecting new or gently used hats and winter coats.
- Grade 6 is collecting new or gently used gloves and winter coats.
- Grade 7 is collecting new or gently used scarves and winter coats.
- Grade 8 is collecting new or gently used warm socks and winter coats.
Collection Days: These items will be collected in LS classrooms and MS advisories December 6-10, 2021.
SNACK PACKS & SANDWICHES
Upper School will be collecting items for to make snack packs for So Others Might Eat and sandwiches for McKenna's Wagon at Martha's Table. Students will assemble the snack packs and sandwiches in the afternoon for delivery on December 2.
Snack pack ingredients (all must be individually wrapped packages):
- Fruit cups
- Individually wrapped snacks - granola bars, protein bars, trail mix, crackers, etc
- Juice boxes - Capri Sun or other pouch drinks work best
- Individually wrapped mints
- 100% whole wheat bread
- Peanut Butter
- Plastic sandwich bags
- Disposable knives
- Disposable table cloths
Collection Days: Snack pack and sandwich ingredients and toys can be placed on the designated tables at the US entrance on Nov 29-Dec 1. Overflow can go to Dr. White's office (178).
TOY COLLECTION FOR A WIDER CIRCLE
From December 6-17 the US community will collect new, unwrapped toys for A Wider Circle. Toys will be delivered in two rounds by the Father's Club and SRPA during their days of service at AWC on December 11 and 18. Check out the Amazon wish-list for great gift ideas. Toys will be distributed to families visiting the Center for Community Service at AWC during the month of December, as well as to children living in public housing in Washington, DC via a partnership with DC Housing Authority to provide more than 10,000 gifts.
Collection Days: These items will be collected in boxes in the Lobby of Anne Dyer US Academic Building during the week of December 6-10, 2021.
The Stone Ridge Fund
Giving to our girls is the best gift of the Season! The Stone Ridge Fund: 12 Days of Giving will launch on Giving Tuesday, November 30, 2021 and conclude on December 11, 2021. When you make a gift to The Stone Ridge Fund, the impact extends far beyond a student’s time at Stone Ridge. Your donation helps provide our girls with foundational skills that will serve them for a lifetime.
Please consider making a philanthropic gift to make a difference in the life of every girl and young woman at Stone Ridge. At any amount, your gift makes a real difference. All gifts add up to make a better Stone Ridge. Together, we are Stone Ridge.
Giving online is quick, easy, and secure at: www.stoneridgeschool.org/donation
How can we thankful?
We can only love the Heart of Jesus more generously
and by our union with Him, become the most humble.
- St. Rose Philippine Duchesne